Basic ECG Workshop for Healthcare Providers: Yellow Belt
ECG Mastery: Yellow Belt
This easy-to-understand and no-nonsense course teaches all the ECG basics you need to follow a case discussion and learn the ECG on the job. Plus, you learn how to diagnose important structural heart problems like myocardial infarction, hypertrophy, and volume overload. Recommended for anyone wanting to improve or refresh their ECG analysis skills.
15 Lessons (2h 22m)
Anatomy of Heart
Physiology Of Heart
The ECG curve
This basic module breaks down the components of the ECG tracing so you can understand more advanced concepts of electrocardiography. The ABCs of ECGs.
- At the blink of an eye—deconstructing the ECG curve
- The ECG curve quiz
In this level you learn how to measure intervals and amplitudes on the ECG. No need to carry a ruler with you! Counting and some simple math is all you need.
- Interval and amplitude measurements
- Measurements quiz
Interpretation of durations
In this module, you learn what it means when intervals and amplitudes are off. There are only a few concepts you need to understand.
- When the timing is off—keys of duration interpretation
- Durations quiz
The precordial leads
This level introduces you to the precordial leads and which areas of the heart they depict. It will pay off later to drill down into these important basics now!
- The precordial leads—what nobody ever tells you
- The precordial leads quiz
The precordial leads advanced
Here you learn several important pearls and pitfalls regarding the precordial leads. We also introduce you to the nuts and bolts of bundle branch block.
- The precordial leads—getting 100% confidence
- The precordial leads advanced quiz
The assessment of ventricular hypertrophy can seem complicated. After attending this module, you will be able to diagnose right and left ventricular hypertrophy like a pro.
- Ventricular hypertrophy—what you really need to know
- Ventricular hypertrophy quiz
ST depression and T negativity
In this level, you get an easy-to-understand introduction to ST depression and T negativity. This module is so essential, even savvy ECGologists will find it useful!
- ST depression and T negativity—a simple approach
- ST depression and T negativity quiz
Introduction to myocardial infarction
Whatever your field of expertise might be, this module on diagnosing myocardial infarction is one you absolutely, positively don’t want to miss.
- What everybody ought to know about myocardial infarction
- Introduction to myocardial infarction quiz
- Myocardial infarction bonus
Inferior wall myocardial infarction
Recognizing inferior wall myocardial infarction can be tricky. Here you learn what it takes to become great at it. Also, you’ll meet our cookbook: a step-by-step approach to evaluating any ECG.
- Inferior wall myocardial infarction—pearls and pitfalls
- Inferior wall myocardial infarction quiz
Mastering the ST segment
This module will turn you into an expert at evaluating the ST segment and ST elevation myocardial infarction. Becoming intimate with the ST segment will help you save lives!
- Mastering the ST segment
- Mastering the ST segment quiz
Cardiac axis, atrial hypertrophy, and low voltage
The evaluation of the cardiac axis is easier than it seems. But let’s be honest, the cardiac axis is not very useful in most cases. We’ll teach you when knowledge of the axis really makes a difference. Furthermore we’ll teach you how to diagnose atrial hypertrophy and atrial enlargement on the ECG...some underrated skills that can come in handy in certain situations.
- The shocking truth about the cardiac axis
- What every clinician should know about atrial hypertrophy and low voltage
- Cardiac axis, atrial hypertrophy, and low voltage quiz
Certain electrolyte disturbances can be suspected just by looking at the ECG. In this module, we’ll teach you what to look for.
- A short story about electrolytes
- Electrolytes quiz
Normal sinus rhythm
Up until this point, rhythmology has not been touched upon in the Yellow Belt. In this module, we’ll teach you the criteria of normal sinus rhythm.
- Rhythm 101—the normal rhythm
- Normal sinus rhythm quiz
Application of Leads