Doctor at Home (House Call)
Med-On-Wheels is a home healthcare service provider with a difference. The core purpose is to deliver 'Healthcare outside hospitals' in the right way. The main focus is on clinical excellence coupled with superior patient experience at an affordable cost.
We have highly qualified doctors who can come right to your house to advice or treat the patient as necessary. Specialized in Care for patients some of which includes as follows:
- Bed Ridden due to any reason
- Limited Mobility
- Arthritis and Movement
- Stroke with Permanent Neurological Deficit
- Post Coronary Artery By-pass Surgery Care
- End Stage Kidney Failure Care
- Lung Disease Care (End Stage )
- End Stage Liver Failure Care
- Deafness (Irreversible Loss of Hearing)
- Irreversible Loss of Speech
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Idiopathic Parkinson’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease / Severe Dementia
- Fulminant Hepatitis
- Motor Neuron Disease
- HIV Due to Blood Transfusion and Occupationally Acquired HIV
- Benign Brain Tumor
- Blindness (Irreversible Loss of Sight)
- Paralysis (Irreversible Loss of Use of Limbs)
- Terminal Illness
Our family doctor visits the patient at home to review the health status, recommend diagnostics, formulate a treatment plan and refer them to a specialist, if required.
The family doctor can suggest if a particular treatment is suitable for being given at home. They may refer the patient for home treatment whilst keeping them under supervision at all times.
You can avail doctor visits for:
- Regular health check-ups that help identify the effectiveness of medications administered and early identification of complications.
- When the patient is suffering from fever, cold, cough and other common medical conditions, the doctor’s home visit will reduce the stress of visiting a hospital and waiting for a doctor consultation.
- Death certification
Who will benefit
- Patients suffering from chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease and hypertension
- Patients suffering from seasonal flu, acute diseases, etc.
- Elderly and bed bound patients who find it difficult to travel to the hospital
Benefits of at-home doctor service
- With today’s highly busy lifestyle at-home doctor service is becoming the norm of the day. Not only does the doctor on call service save time, it is also convenient to make a booking online.
Few benefits of doctor visit at home
- The first benefit is the availability of quality medical care in the comfort of your home.
- The consultation charges are lower or at par with the hospital visit charges, so you not only save on travelling but also on medical bills.
- Home doctor gives more personal medical care to the patient and is more empathetic.
- Not all illnesses need hospitalization, but owing to lack of support at home, patients end up in nursing homes and hospitals for medical care. It is in those cases that the home visit doctor proves to be highly beneficial, as they can easily provide medical attention at home.
- The doctor on call service is available 24*7; hence, you are guaranteed quality healthcare even at odd hours and on any given day.
- Home visit doctors are a boon for old people, as they are the ones who need medical attention the most and are also the ones who have the most difficulty in travelling.
What to expect from at-home doctor service
- The chief purpose is to provide primary diagnostics and, if and when needed, prescribe blood, urine and/or other tests. The entire service is designed to provide primary healthcare, post hospitalization care and chronic disease management, as also allied services in the comfort of a patient’s home.
How to prepare for at-home doctor service
To help make your first doctor visit at home go smoothly here are a few pointers:
- Give proper briefing about your medical history and current medical needs, to help the doctor make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe appropriate medication or the right course of action.
- Ask a family member to be present when the doctor visits to help answer all the questions.
- Keep all the prescriptions handy as you would need to show them to the doctor.
- Have your regular or specialty doctor information handy.
- Also keep your hospital discharge papers ready, if any.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing as the doctor might perform a comprehensive exam.